You know you do it. You think about what you would’ve told that person who cut you off. That coworker who showed you up at that meeting. The thousand ways to craft the argument that will vanquish the disbelievers of your light of truth.
Sri and Nicolas Cage discuss this unproductive behavior, which Sri calls “screenwriting,” and how to avoid it.
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene (Amazon)
- “Mechanism of acute tryptophan depletion: is it only serotonin?” (Nature magazine)
- The Orchid Thief by Susan Orlean (Amazon): Not necessarily an endorsement, as Sri has not read the book. But 4/5 stars on Amazon.
- Keen listeners will notice how Nicolas Cage’s character’s behavior in the film Adaptation resembles hypergraphia, which was covered so much in show #7 that we had to name the episode after it.
- This show also references themes in the following episodes:
- #4: Local H
- #5: Bizarro