“Water boils at 212 degrees. I was at 210.”
Will Branum is a former Navy SEAL who founded Naked Warrior Recovery based on his own struggles with anxiety. Sri talks with Will about veteran suicide (see charities below!) and leadership lessons from the military.
After never wanting to be a leader, Will learned to be comfortable in this role. His experience will help you understand how to unleash “controlled chaos” on your team.
CONTAINS MATURE THEMES: This episode does not contain explicit language but does contain references to alcohol and drugs. So if you have kids in the car, we hope you’ll choose another.
- CBD from Naked Warrior Recovery. Listeners get 20% off with the code POET.
- GET INVOLVED! –> Ways to help veterans transition and improve vet mental health:
- VETS – charity focused on veteran suicide and traumatic brain injury founded by SEAL Marcus Capone and his wife Amber
- One Mile Leadership Project: focused on PTSD, suicide, addiction, and abuse
- Centurion Military Alliance: helps vets transition to civilian life across multiple facets of work and personal issues.
- The Honor Foundation: helps members of Special Operations Forces (SOF) transition to civilian life; founded by Navy SEAL Joe Musselman
- Other notable themes from Will in this episode:
- “You can suffer in the back, or you can suffer in the front.”
- “Find your team.”
Intro and/or outro music in most episodes is by Paul Sridhar ( Spotify ).
Disclaimer: Any audio clips are included with every intent and steps taken to abide by Fair Use and serve the purpose(s) of illustration, education, augmentation, or promotion of source content.