QOTSA’s “If I Had a Tail” helps Sri discuss counterfactual thinking and its relevance to leadership, business, and society. Also, how SEALs conduct debriefs, thoughts on Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the start of World War I.
- “If I Had a Tail” by Queens of the Stone Age
- “The Black Swan” by Nassim Taleb + complete first chapter for free (New York Times)
- “The Infinite Game” by Simon Sinek
- “Dune” by Simon Herbert & “Children of Dune” (quoted but haven’t read the latter)
- Different parts of the brain are used for counterfactual vs. hypothetical thinking.
- Way more on counterfactuals than you probably want, unless you do: (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy); then complement with:
- Subjunctive (grammar): http://bulletproofwriting.com/subjunctive-vs-indicative/